IJR and onwards!

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
alanjennings

IJR and onwards!

Post by alanjennings »

Approx 100 people from_UK, Holland, Denmark, Sweden,Switzerland, Scotland and of course our hosts! Expected storms but they missed us and it was pretty hot! " smashing rides, good food and I hear the accomodation was excellent!The Scotts plus Dutch Harry are on their way to Croatia, Nancy and Hans from Holland are off to Hungary and we are heading for Dresden. :beer:
Alan [Morini] Jennings
alanjennings

Re: IJR and onwards!

Post by alanjennings »

Oops! I forgot our Belgian friends on their outfit!
Alan [Morini] Jennings
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

Met a Swiss/German on of course an b.m.w. on his way to Nord Kapp-best of luck! Then he hoped to go to Uzbekistan- that I think maybe impossible at the present political climate! Now at Dresden and camped next to Tonni a Dutchman who is in our club but was on his way to Czech towing a norton 16H . He sends his regards to Dudley! Off to Poland tomorrow.
Alan [Morini] Jennings
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

Hi Alan, are you going to post any pics?

Johnny B
39speedtwin

Post by 39speedtwin »

Allan it was Tonnie who bought my AJS V twin.
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

I am a luddite-no pics. John- only travel observations !
Alan [Morini] Jennings
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

Stayed at Jelenia gora,a very "round town" full of one way streets-got lost twice trying to get back to the campsite- a nice one! Eventually found the transport museum-upstairs in a modern shopping centre but not worth the hassle to find it.Poland is very quiet, few tourists around but lots of roadworks making driving somewhat tedious.Beautiful weather and 25 c. till yesterday when it thundered and huge streaks of lightening but little rain.Fuel is much the same price and in Czec as at home-expensive! all the old cars have disappeared-seen a few simpson mopeds and one jawa.
Alan [Morini] Jennings
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

Camped on a lake in far eastern Poland for a bit of quiet then went south into Czech-big mistake, went down tiny roads and even the satnav gave up so we visited every small village in Czech before find a motorway for which we didn't have a permit, couldn't find a toll booth but carried on! Now near Brno in the south -it's now storming but tomorrow looks fine! The language is impenetrable and sounds worse! Looks a bit more prosperous than Poland. Not many bikes about except on Sundays-just like the u.k!
Alan [Morini] Jennings
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

Alan,
Cheers. It's interesting to hear particularly after my failure to arrive in Poland for the IJR there!

Johnny B
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

Drove across most of Czech today-2 treats,3 jawa 350's in a row, all of them with their single wheeled trailers behind! Then an even rarer treat a velosolex came sailing along- look it up!! At a smashing campsite nearCesky Krumlov , shade, a fishing lake and immaculate loos! A rest day tomorrow before going back to Germany-30c. here today!
Alan [Morini] Jennings