IJR and onwards!

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
alanjennings

Re: IJR and onwards!

Post by alanjennings »

Landed on Eriskay -we had to back onto the very ancient ferry as the ramp on one end was stuck in the closed position! The weather is very wet and windy but there is a good lounge where we can all gather. John Barker and his wife Lynn from the east midlands have just arrived on a vincent twin and a matchless twin rather wet but of good cheer! How did the "jampot" go?
Alan [Morini] Jennings
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

Hi Alan, it was good and a good turnout. For amusemnt value - the mobile charged nicely on the Yamahaha this time.

See if you can post some pics.

JohnnyB
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

Terrible windy weather on north Uist, nearly got blown off the road but the coastal views are stunning! Took another creaky old ferry to Harris -new ferries were ordered 4 years ago, no sign of them and I was told £150 million over budget! Harris tweed is still made But out of my league price wise-Used to be 5 guineas for a sports jacket when I was a lad.Visited a crofter-yes, they still exist ,who kept fancy sheep, highland cattle and fished for lobsters.He has a about 25 foot boat and the govn. want £10,000 for licence!
Alan [Morini] Jennings
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

On the far west of Harris without any internet for 3 days. Wet and windy and midge attacked! Final count-14 vincents 2 triumphs one ducati and my morini. Robert and Margaret Taylor from Perth,amoc members also appeared on a comet.Off to Skye then slowly homeward via a morini rally.Hope to make "the alternative!"
Alan [Morini] Jennings
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

2 days down to near Matlock in the van was hard work on the dreaded m6! On site with a bunch of morinis and a ride to see the latest modern morini at Stoke on Trent-made in china like everything else!
Alan [Morini] Jennings
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

Safely home! The new morini is not to my taste- a 650cc engine-sounds familar,too tall, too heavy, no mudguards, no centre-stand! One or two local jaunts planned then off to Sussex by the Sea! :roll:
Alan [Morini] Jennings
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

Starting to get ready for the Alternative rally or whatever name it will in future go by! For us "north of the Thames" it is not an easy place to get to without going on the dreaded M25! My old sat nav will I am sure plot me a route off motorways-even if it takes another couple of hours to get there! Going home on Sunday I will probably chance the motorways as Sunday afternoon in not like Friday afternoon! I shall be camping but I am 80 at Christmas and not sure how much longer it will be an option! I will not be on my 650 as it is rather"poorly" at the moment_coming on what is now a popular choice for us traditional motorcyclists-you've guessed it already, a RE meteor 350! Looking forward to it as I was in The Outer Hebrides and missed "the jampot!"
Alan [Morini] Jennings
MikeM.

Post by MikeM. »

HEY, ALAN,
I'm 86 and camped at the Jampot and although I trailered my bike, chateau (5 man tent) , etc I still ride my ex John Drudge Model31.
Incedently last week I did the VMCC Cornwall rally week with fellow club members and rode 480 miles over five days covering various parts of Cornwall, the longest run being 120 miles.I didn't camp this year as I shared a static van with other members from Hampshire section.
Unfortunately I will miss the Alternative but hope everyone has a great weekend.
ashramvid

Post by ashramvid »

It's interesting to hear particularly after my failure to arrive in Poland for the IJR there