Meeting of English motorcycles

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
JARO

Meeting of English motorcycles

Post by JARO »

I joined a meeting of English motorcycles in the north of Poland last weekend. Only one AJS (mine)
I drove about 500 km, rainy all weekend.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
clive

Re: Meeting of English motorcycles

Post by clive »

Nice but where are the oil drips under the bikes?
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
MalcW

Post by MalcW »

What's the significance of the rear number plate colour? Some yellow, some white. Just wondering...
century

Post by century »

nice gathering ,great looking machines
bodgie dave
JARO

Post by JARO »

MalcW wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 10:26 am What's the significance of the rear number plate colour? Some yellow, some white. Just wondering...
White plate is regular but if you want registered as a monument you have yellow.
( I don't know if that's a good word )

There was also the 100th birthday of New Imperial 3. 1922
Owner put the cardboard under the engine. :lol: Not for oil but for petrol when he started this bike. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MalcW

Post by MalcW »

OK, I understand. Thank you.
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

JARO wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 11:40 pm
There was also the 100th birthday of New Imperial 3. 1922
Thanks Jaro. It's interesting to have news of what's happening in other countries.
My first step into motorbikes was when I was 13 and bought a 1933 New Imperial engine from a junk shop for £2 ( five weeks paper round wages in 1958 ! ). I took it to bits and rebuilt it constantly for a month until my mother gave it away (whilst I was at school) to the 'Rag and Bone' man (scrap man) who came along our road every week with a horse and cart. I was very upset.

White plate is regular but if you want registered as a monument you have yellow.
( I don't know if that's a good word )
We have similar as only the 'old' bikes can have white (or silver) letters on a black background.
This registration class is called 'Historic' and no road tax has to be paid nor any annual MOT inspection is required.
We can apply to have any vehicle classified as Historic when it becomes, I think it's 40 years old from the date of manufacture.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
JARO

Post by JARO »

SPRIDDLER wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:07 pm
My first step into motorbikes was when I was 13 and bought a 1933 New Imperial engine from a junk shop for £2 ( five weeks paper round wages in 1958 ! ). I took it to bits and rebuilt it constantly for a month until my mother gave it away (whilst I was at school) to the 'Rag and Bone' man (scrap man) who came along our road every week with a horse and cart. I was very upset.

I got some photos for you - back to the past
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Great pics, Jaro. I find the pre-war basic engineering in these engines fascinating although I've not much experience of them.

It's interesting that both valves are operated by only one cam and the valve timing and the opening/closing characteristics (speed, lift) of each is obtained by having different profiles on each of the individual cam followers.
New Imp cam 2.jpg

Is this coil arrangement part of the piston?

New Imp piston 2.jpg
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

Nice photos!! I will be in Jelenia Gora Tomorrow as after the IJR I have 2 weeks holiday left-We were there about 30 years ago on my vincent and sidecar!
Alan [Morini] Jennings