MAKING SPROCKETS THE INDIAN WAY

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Andy.S

MAKING SPROCKETS THE INDIAN WAY

Post by Andy.S »

Now you know why pattern parts don’t fit as well as OEM, and if the last guy gets a bit of the wire wheel in his eyes there’s plenty more people behind him who want to take the risk
g80csp11

Re: MAKING SPROCKETS THE INDIAN WAY

Post by g80csp11 »

same way we used to make them , its only H&S standards have moved on . theses machines could even be the ones from the matchless factory
Triumph-Legend

Post by Triumph-Legend »

Not a lot different to some of the small engineering companies fifty years ago. The only real difference that I noticed was that the walls were a bit cleaner, the floor concrete and the bench grinder would be on a stand.
Just finished one pile of parts and along comes a pallet with a fresh pile of casings. Every day after day, oil swarf and noise. Mind you I did learn a bit about engineering at a young age.
Eg. DON'T DIG OTHER PEOPLES DITCHES and if you can't be the manager, then work smart and be the boss.

I did quite a bit of work in the far east and have travelled around parts of India. Health and safety means pretty well nothing and expect every new/good idea to be copied within two days. Mind you, a very good self winding copy Rolex used to run at around £12. :lol:
39speedtwin

Post by 39speedtwin »

Looks like they’re using scrap steel from dismantled ships. No wonder they wear out quickly!
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

39speedtwin wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:48 pm Looks like they’re using scrap steel from dismantled ships. No wonder they wear out quickly!
The importer of my Chinese 250, the 'Mutchless', replaced the sprockets, chain, tyres, brake pads and rear suspension units with Europe-made ones before sale.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
ChrisTheChippy

Post by ChrisTheChippy »

I really admire the Indian people they are a very industrious and hard working race . Imagine doing that day after day for very little reward ,absolutely soul destroying . The machines are at least 60 years old .
Triumph-Legend

Post by Triumph-Legend »

ChrisTheChippy wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:43 pm I really admire the Indian people they are a very industrious and hard working race . Imagine doing that day after day for very little reward ,absolutely soul destroying . The machines are at least 60 years old .
There's nowt wrong with those machines, OK a bit mucky but they will clean up. They were fine when I were a lad and have plenty of life left in em.
Good for another fifty years at least.