70 years of the AJS and Matchless Owners Club

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Rob Harknett

Re: 70 years of the AJS and Matchless Owners Club

Post by Rob Harknett »

Due to my breathing problems I've been almost house bound for 2 years. I can only go out in my car a short distance, perhaps walk about 25 yards. I don't even see people at home all day. I have made friends with some neighbors cats that come in my garden. They will come round and sit on my bench beside me. In winter they wait looking in my kitchen window. When I open the back door a little they will just walk in to see me. One used to come and see me 3 times a day, 11am, 4.30 & 7 pm. Also, in summertime, stay with me when ever I was in the garden. He was clever, I taught him to take a selfie. I was really upset when my neighbor told me he'd got run over.
I used to go to The Ace Cafe in the late 1950's. I do not think I will ever get there again.
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

G15 Roy wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:11 pm
ajscomboman wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:15 pm With the need to stay virus free so we can look after family with dementia I'm avoiding all group meetings. So I apologise for not attending but hope the day stays dry and clear.
Going to the ACE cafe will be far safer than a committee meeting all outside and keep your helmet on,😂😂👍
No it won't be coz all you other buggers are going to do a lateral flow test and post the results on the committee forum before attending the meeting!!! If you wish you can also wear a helmet in the meeting room and wear a mask at the same time! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
rex.webb

Post by rex.webb »

All being well
The Fenrunners Santa will be there .
4 Wheel.s transport ?
r w webb
rex.webb

Post by rex.webb »

Rob Harknett wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:40 am Due to my breathing problems I've been almost house bound for 2 years. I can only go out in my car a short distance, perhaps walk about 25 yards. I don't even see people at home all day. I have made friends with some neighbors cats that come in my garden. They will come round and sit on my bench beside me. In winter they wait looking in my kitchen window. When I open the back door a little they will just walk in to see me. One used to come and see me 3 times a day, 11am, 4.30 & 7 pm. Also, in summertime, stay with me when ever I was in the garden. He was clever, I taught him to take a selfie. I was really upset when my neighbor told me he'd got run over.
I used to go to The Ace Cafe in the late 1950's. I do not think I will ever get there again.
Sorry you cannot be there Rob and family .
I will be thinking of all the GREAT Times we have had over the years.
STAY SAFE .
r w webb
Wolverine70

Post by Wolverine70 »

Hopefully I will be making the journey to this event from Barnsley. Let’s hope the weather gods are with us. Leather or cordura not sure yet, should take about three to four hours fingers crossed.
SMW
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

It's 172 miles on 125? I have a tempest but l would not use a motorway .Google says 3 hours on motorway! Best of luck!
Alan [Morini] Jennings
Wolverine70

Post by Wolverine70 »

Hi everyone I will hopefully be making the trip down from Barnsley, just hope she behaves and the weather gods are good.
SMW
Iron Head

Post by Iron Head »

Pleased to see that, at the moment, Sunday’s weather for the Ace Cafe 70th meet up seems to be improving. Looking forward to it and let’s hope my bike wants to behave getting me there😳🏍??

Iron Head
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

Was out last night at 10.30 coming back from a vmcc club meeting on a bike-foolish boy- to find icy roads!! But I survived- 40 mph no braking and decent lights!! Sunday should be a doddle!!
Alan [Morini] Jennings
Eamonn
Webmaster

Post by Eamonn »

Over 50 bikes attended the 70th Anniversary meet this morning, I'm sure there will be more stories and pictures!
Special mention to Steve (Wolverine70) for making it all the way from South Yorkshire on his AJS Cadwell
:beer:
AceCfe_2022.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Corners like a Lego man