70 years of the AJS and Matchless Owners Club

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
clive

Re: 70 years of the AJS and Matchless Owners Club

Post by clive »

Just a reminder to get this back on the forum list. We are aiming to be at the ACE between 11am and 2pm. Hope to see some of you there.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
raffles

Post by raffles »

Clive
what time are you wanting to set up?
Tony
39speedtwin

Post by 39speedtwin »

If it’s snowing I will bring mine in the van!
clive

Post by clive »

raffles wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:05 pm Clive
what time are you wanting to set up?
Tony
Was intending to phone you Tony, out all today will try tomorrow.
clive
Rangy65

Post by Rangy65 »

Not being as hardy as those founding members we are planning to drive down from Lincolnshire in the van, find somewhere to park and then ride in to the Ace. Not being familiar with the area does any one have any suggestions where we can park the van for a few hours in the Edgware area?

Thanks Steve & Graham
Pharisee

Post by Pharisee »

Rangy65 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:18 pm Not being as hardy as those founding members we are planning to drive down from Lincolnshire in the van, find somewhere to park and then ride in to the Ace. Not being familiar with the area does any one have any suggestions where we can park the van for a few hours in the Edgware area?

Thanks Steve & Graham
When I had to go down the smoke, I used to park the car in one of the side roads near Kilburn tube station then go into town on the tube. Haven't done it for a while so I don't know if the parking restrictions have changed now.
John

PS... I live in Lincolnshire now. Moved up here 3 years ago.
I'm from the Fens.... Gimme six.
clive

Post by clive »

EMISSION ZONES in London. The emission zone rules for London are complicated and automatic number plate recognition driven. Things to know
1. All vehicles with historic tax status do not have to pay for any emission zone (nor the Congestion charge if it is a motorcycle).
2. The LEZ (Low emission zone) is pretty much the whole of the area just a few miles inside the M25 and there is a charge 24 hours a day 364 days a year for non compliant vehicles. You can check if your Van or non historic bike is compliant here https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/check- ... tcmp=36576. If it isn't you need to either pay, or park outside the zone and ride in.
3. The ULEZ (ultra low emission zone) is everything within the north and south circular. However so long as you stick to the north circular the ACE cafe (and the junction to get to it) is just outside the zone. (travel on the North and South circular is outside the zone).

Best thing is to ride a registered historic tax motorcycle and you can go anywhere in London without worrying about the LEZ, ULEZ or Congestion charge! :rofl:
clive
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

With the need to stay virus free so we can look after family with dementia I'm avoiding all group meetings. So I apologise for not attending but hope the day stays dry and clear.
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

ajscomboman wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:15 pm With the need to stay virus free so we can look after family with dementia I'm avoiding all group meetings. So I apologise for not attending but hope the day stays dry and clear.
Going to the ACE cafe will be far safer than a committee meeting all outside and keep your helmet on,😂😂👍
Roy
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

ajscomboman wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:15 pm With the need to stay virus free so we can look after family with dementia I'm avoiding all group meetings. So I apologise for not attending but hope the day stays dry and clear.
I'm in a very similar situation and still avoid any social contact except with my two local sons and once a week with two section pals at least 2m apart in their sheds (and they make me stand at the open door to let the fag smoke out). Anyway, when visiting Thrifty Peter I prefer to stand outside in the warm.
Last edited by SPRIDDLER on Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'