g80csp11

Re: Autumn Rally 2021 Lincolnshire

Post by g80csp11 »

All sorted for Thursday , bike filled with petrol ready
que back to the roundabout at Tesco.
clive

Post by clive »

I will have to be robbing the tanks from the other bikes in the garage. One has not been ridden for about 2 years so perhaps only a bit of that tank. :o
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

clive wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:58 pm I will have to be robbing the tanks from the other bikes in the garage. One has not been ridden for about 2 years so perhaps only a bit of that tank. :o
Great minds think alike! Although my tanks have been filled in the last few months. I couldn't face the queues at the filling stations or the road rage due to the wassocks blocking the roads! I already had the van full and both CS's just needed topped up so like you I robbed Peter to pay Paul. :beer: :beer:
duffy55

Post by duffy55 »

Me too, robbing the Velo & the Trophy to fill the Matchy.
What is going on??..
Looking forward to meeting up with you all again.
Forwards!

Old Yellow Trousers.
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

FYI I have it on good authority that he who shall remain nameless will be taking some new centre stands to the rally! I'll scarpper now before the police arrive! :rofl: :rofl:
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

Fortunately I have a full 20 litre jerry can in the lock up and full tank on the 'bike. Usually this is for the generator and topping up after runs out on the 'bikes.

However, it's a 280 mile round trip without runs. Full tank = 17 litres, about 200 conservative miles.

Planning to put a five litre plastic "can" in each of the panniers and re-arrange my packing. Full use will now be made of the tank top bag(s)and top box with the tent strapped to the seat rather than in the panniers. This will ensure at least 320 miles in stock; 5 litres of petrol apparently weighs about 11 lbs. I may even reduce the clothes carried and put another 5 litres (in a "can") in the topbox pushing the total potential mileage without recourse to fuel stations to 380.

Panniers and topbox rated at 22 lbs load each.

Johnny B
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

Hopefully by friday the situation will have improved! I broke down in my m.g. today and it took nearly 8 hours for the AA to get me 50 miles! I must say the actual AA man was really good and cheerful!
Alan [Morini] Jennings
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

At the Cop hill climb today they were selling race petroleum at £20.00 a gallon did I buy any?
Roy
Andy G

Post by Andy G »

Frankly the one delivery we could all do without for a while is the daily unqualified vomit of hyped up click-bait that calls itself journalism these days. Future generations will wonder at our collective naiivity at being so willingly manipulated...and paying for the privilege!

The next time we see "news" with four different camera angles of the same closed garage as illustration of widespread and growing shortage, I hope more of us will also notice that it's Sunday, and that particular village garage doesn't open Sundays.

Now, just time to go and stock up on turkeys, tho the bog roll mountain in my storeroom still makes it hard to get to the freezer.

Rant over.
Bombling contentedly around rural Aberdeenshire
39speedtwin

Post by 39speedtwin »

Returning from Cop Hill last night with Roy via Kettering to return the Club van, most petrol stations were either closed or had long queues, came off the M11, none at Ongar or Norton Heath, got to the Shell at West Hanningfield where there was a short queue of about 5 cars, joined it, I got out and saw that every pump was working, great joy 2 miles from home!