Autumn Rally 2021 Lincolnshire

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Eamonn
Webmaster

Re: Autumn Rally 2021 Lincolnshire

Post by Eamonn »

I've created a Youtube channel for videos relating to the rally - the first one is in place now, I'll try to get a few other loaded during the week.

If anyone has videos they like to add, let me know and I'll try to find out how to do it...!!!

Click here: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNjA ... Snm1gJV0rl
Corners like a Lego man
39speedtwin

Post by 39speedtwin »

Thanks to the Poachers for a great rally, it’s been a long time, also those who posted photos and videos.
g80csp11

Post by g80csp11 »

Thanks from Sussex section members to Poachers section . Both Bob Piper and myself rode circ 550 miles over the weekend with only a few minor tinkering repairs along the way . new condenser on my G11 across the points and regulator on Bob's G80CS. neither of which are considered a breakdown as we still rode there and back .
39speedtwin

Post by 39speedtwin »

Peter, I thought that you had broken down in the BP at Ongar until I was told you were seeking fuel!
g80csp11

Post by g80csp11 »

they only had diesel , and so we just stopped for a coffee and decanting our reserve supply of 1 gall into the tank before moving off
at that point still 75 miles from home
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Tommy RE wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:47 am By the way Sprid, Diddly had starting problems with Ruby at the start of Saturday’s run so he was not entirely Gremlin free :lol:
Geddaway, Ron. Surely not?

:? D'yer know, that Diddley's not quite as daft as he looks so I'm beginning to wonder whether he deliberately 'breaks down' just to get a bit of maintenance done by others: Plug 'n points checked and cleaned, or carb tuned, replace HT lead, adjust the clutch or rear chain, drop of oil needed.............? :roll:
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

39speedtwin wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:59 pm Peter, I thought that you had broken down in the BP at Ongar until I was told you were seeking fuel!
More likely that Thrifty Peter was looking for someone to lend him a fiver.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
clive

Post by clive »

Great rally many thanks to Poachers for organising it. I even got fuel on the way today and the rain didn't hit until 2 miles from home.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
39speedtwin

Post by 39speedtwin »

Neville, sussed the starting, it needs the throttle open a little.
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

The trip down was difficult, less because of the rain than the wind; the Humber Bridge was challenging!

What a pleasure to have attended. The Poachers were fantastic, the tea and cakes (tasty) very welcome. The venue was superb with immaculate facilities (the tumbler driers were well used). Friendly and patient staff supplying good food and beer. Even the on-site shop was reasonably priced.

The runs were fun and very well organised.

Our ride (Ron Walker drew a short straw) back up was a complete contrast to the trip down and Ron navigated precisely. Our stop was enhanced by a friendly fruit & veg stall holder giving us a free banana each (Sprid, I'll bowl 'em, you bat 'em).

Fingers crossed for next year and the Matchless back in one piece.

Johnny B