Hols.

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
alanjennings

Hols.

Post by alanjennings »

Gone to Scotland as everything else has been cancelled! Out on my morini today and it played up! Most unusual and the main jets didn't look too good! Is it perhaps the dreaded ethanol? In Dumfries and Galloway and it is very wet!!
Alan [Morini] Jennings
G15 Roy

Re: Hols.

Post by G15 Roy »

A wonderful part of Scotland been there many times.
Roy
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Back in 1960 that was where I went on my first trip to Scotland on my 55 G3LS. It was even more wonderful back in 1960.
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

Hi Alan

Sorry to have missed you. May leave for Newton Stewart Tuesday but more likely Wednesday. Glad I had the valley gutter in the roof fixed if the weather is that bad. My eldest was over there with some pals last weekend, they did a lot of two wheeling but it was bicycles. They also climbed The Merrick.

Rob, take it from me, it's still lovely.

Johnny B
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

Been out on our morini today with no problems! Rode round loch ken and the rain has gone away!
Alan [Morini] Jennings
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

Loch Ken good, did you see the red kites? You took the decent weather with you, pouring down today.

Johnny B
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

Yes we did, John! Stayed at loch tummel and toured around. Now at Dingwall parked next to a ktm 390! Still sunshine and showers bike going well, no more carb problems I hope!
Alan [Morini] Jennings
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

Went to look for "Nessie" today, no luck! Bloke on ktm did 250 miles,we only did 50! (shame). At last the sun is shining!
Alan [Morini] Jennings
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

Hi Alan

We're still in Minnigaff, Newton Stewart. Hoping to get the Yamaha over on the newly acquired 3 motorcycle trailer as I have to pop home at some point (long "pop", takes about 3.5 hours one way).

I remember taking our touring caravan to Dingwall, at the site by Ross County's ground.

Best

Johnny B

Does anyone have any news of how Scottish Section Rod & Helen are doing?
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

Poor internet,radio and phone signals poor! Anyway, we had 20 vincents, 1 zundapp, 1a.j.s. 600 twin and my morini. It's 600 miles to Tongue by campervan but we did 415 miles on our little bike.Good campsite and hostel perhaps too far for a rally? On sunday off on a baltic cruise that has been put off for nearly 2 years! One poor chap went to hospital after coming off on the gravelly tiny roads.
Alan [Morini] Jennings