Hols.

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
alanjennings

Re: Hols.

Post by alanjennings »

Am off tomorrow on a much delayed baltic cruise! Sweden, Denmark Estonia and Finland plus Poland- Russia and Norway won't let us in! Hope to see some nimbuses, even the odd husqvana! Will go to Gadansk close to the Polish rally we had 5 years ago? Will report anything of motorcycling interest.
Alan [Morini] Jennings
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

alanjennings wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:21 pm Am off tomorrow on a much delayed baltic cruise!
Enjoy!
Castaway.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

Police, police!?
Alan [Morini] Jennings
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

Sailed from Tilbury, much pleasanter than Dover! Lovely new ship landed at Skagen the most northern point of Denmark and a beautiful day1!21 c. and not a cloud in sight. Off to "wonderful Copenhagen" tonight and will look out for some nimbuses!
Alan [Morini] Jennings
Duncan

Post by Duncan »

alanjennings wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:37 pm and will look out for some nimbuses!
There was one in Hampshire last Wednesday, perhaps they are already starting to fly south for the winter?
electrajohnt

Post by electrajohnt »

Part of one at the Prees Heath cafe Thursday night gathering the other week. The gent had put Nimbus engine, gearbox and drive assembly into a (I think) Cossack frame with BSA girder forks - Has called it a “Rough Superior”. Very interesting bike in my opinion.
JohnT
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

I doubt that you'll see one like the one at the Kerterminde International. Converted to run on gas produced by heating oak chips in a contraption carried in the sidecar!

Johnny B
Duncan

Post by Duncan »

I think you might be looking in the wrong place Alan, it was overcast today, a good day for spotting Nimbuses, I manage to creep up on one in The Bush (Inn) today before it flew away.
Nimbus in The Bush, Ovington.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

That's lovely. Hope Alan sees some.

Johnny B
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

Nice one Duncan! I remember those in Denmark, John. Last in Copenhagen 37 years ago on my vincent outfit With my tribe, Judy, Robert and Alison. All I remember is the little mermaid and we are docked almost next to her! In town the bicycle is king, all separated from the cars and few motorbikes to be seen! Import duty for cars is more than 100%!! Moving on to Gothenberg tonight.
Alan [Morini] Jennings