Oxford panniers - life time warranty

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
g80csp11

Oxford panniers - life time warranty

Post by g80csp11 »

Just got my oxford panniers out for a camping trip this weekend and remembered that that last time I used them i clipped a concrete post on a footpath over a ford on the way back from the alternative rally . Do you think the life time warranty covers these events ?
oxford.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
alanjennings

Re: Oxford panniers - life time warranty

Post by alanjennings »

The real problem is have you got the receipt from perhaps 10 years ago? If not forget it! Don't ask how I know!!
Alan [Morini] Jennings
g80csp11

Post by g80csp11 »

the answer is no , i struggled last time with oxford guarantee you have to take them back to the shop where you purchased them. and i remember that was in Dover after i had a similar experience with a trailer . just misjudged the width. i think the answer is always keep panniers less than the width of the handlebars otherwise its an accident waiting to happen . even if its every 10 years
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

alanjennings wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:50 pm The real problem is have you got the receipt from perhaps 10 years ago? If not forget it! Don't ask how I know!!
You don't get warranties on stuff from Oxfam shops.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
Duncan

Post by Duncan »

g80csp11 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:20 pm Just got my oxford panniers out for a camping trip this weekend and remembered that that last time I used them i clipped a concrete post on a footpath over a ford on the way back from the alternative rally . Do you think the life time warranty covers these events ?

oxford.jpg
Was that the time you went diving for spanners?
g80csp11

Post by g80csp11 »

yes it was , just goes to show when i last went camping . lets hope we can get a few more shows / trips organised