Kop Hill Festival - 25/26th September

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
rumble

Kop Hill Festival - 25/26th September

Post by rumble »

The club will be having a stand at the Kop Hill Festival at Princes Risborough in Buckinghamshire this year. The event has its origins before the First World War, but was stopped in 1925 due to an unfortunate collision between a motorcycle and a spectator. However, the event was revived in 2009 and has become an immensely popular annual get together for participants and spectators alike. It is entirely volunteer-organised and all proceeds from the event are distributed amongst local charities. The festival received the Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service in 2020.

Admission to the festival, including a place on the club stand, is £10 per day (£20 for both days).

All bookings are via the festival’s web site (www.kophillclimb.org.uk), but I’d be grateful if you could let me know if you are planning to attend (exhib@jampot.com or 07920 273322). Please bare in mind that all display bikes will need to be on the club stand by 9:00am.

This event is great fun with lots of interesting cars and motorcycles to look at, and it is very well organised with good on-site catering.

Come along and have some fun!

Ray Farmer
Exhibitions Officer
rumble

Re: Kop Hill Festival - 25/26th September

Post by rumble »

Many thanks to everyone who made the show a success, you know who you are but in particular Tim, Jos, Eammon, Charles, Roy, Dudley, Sue and last but not least the Fen Runners who put their bikes on the club stand on Sunday. Hopefully I've not missed anyone out, apologies if I have. It was a first time for us at Kop Hill, Saturday was a little damp and cold with little footfall but Sunday made up for it with sunshine and increased footfall. Additionally, it was nice to see some of the Oxygents on Sunday, it's been far too long! The jury is out concerning repeat attendance next year, we shall see! Now looking forward to the Autumn Rally assuming fuel can be had :headbang:

All the best

Ray :beer:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

Well done. I was booked for something else that weekend.

Johnny B
Eamonn
Webmaster

Post by Eamonn »

Charles in action on the hill.
Kop Hill 20210926.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Corners like a Lego man
CharlesDP

Post by CharlesDP »

Can't believe the wheeley marks I have left behind me, I know the back wheel was spinning but not that much!!