Possible Scam

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
clive

Re: Possible Scam

Post by clive »

Rob Harknett wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:46 pm At the moment there are adverts going back to mid March 2021. On the forum back to Oct 2020
The main adverts fall off the system after about 4 months automatically.

The forum adverts are within the Private forum area and can never be seen by non members, however they are not automatically deleted. Its a task I have to do occasionally, it bores me and I probably last did it in October last year. I will probably do it next sometime soon, I am thinking perhaps when the next football match is on. :rofl:
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
Ceymore

Post by Ceymore »

Hi All,
Yes I posted in wanted ads for parts and Henry Criddle sent me an email to say he was breaking a G80 due to ill health, he then sent me a photo of said bike which is a stock photo of pristine G80 that definitely isnt being broken for spares.
After browsing Henry criddle on T'internet his name crops up in various sites as a scam artist.

https://www.wolseleyregister.co.uk/.../ ... nry-criddl
https://www.fbhvc.co.uk/news/article/ur ... wners-club
https://www.nortonownersclub.org/html/n ... .php?page=
and I'm sure there are more.
BEWARE
anyhow my name is Bertie Criddle and I have some land for sale on Mars with planning permission, sent lots of money in brown envelope to ........

Cliff
hmmm, where does this bit go...
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

I have been contacted by the same person with regards to a wanted add. The only way we can stop him/them is to make all our adverts are only viewable to members only I hope you all agree.
Roy
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

Hi

I appreciate that adverts can generate revenue for the Club and as such are a desirable branch of the business. To this end, would it be possible to give a limited 'membership' to non member advertisers to allow them to view their adverts? Say a matter of weeks, or would that be too much of an imposition on our staffing resource? In the event that adverts were made only viewable to members, this could give non members an incentive to advertise.

Just a thought Mick
clive

Post by clive »

Mick D wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:15 pm Hi

I appreciate that adverts can generate revenue for the Club and as such are a desirable branch of the business. To this end, would it be possible to give a limited 'membership' to non member advertisers to allow them to view their adverts? Say a matter of weeks, or would that be too much of an imposition on our staffing resource? In the event that adverts were made only viewable to members, this could give non members an incentive to advertise.

Just a thought Mick
Mick when non members advertise I already explain they will not be able to view their advert until 3 weeks after it appears in the magazine and send them a screen grab showing what is currently on the website. We don't send them a copy of the magazine either ;). It is rare for a non member to offer parts for sale its nearly always a complete bike. This matter is up for discussion at the next committee meeting at the end of the week.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix