Weekly quiz

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
ajscomboman

Re: Weekly quiz

Post by ajscomboman »

Duncan wrote:
quizmaster wrote:Right guys and gals time for both barrels.
clive wrote:Nah i just happen to go away on holiday at the same time as the quizmaster and surprisingly often to exactly the same place. ;)
You would have thought the quiz master would have been a bit more chilled out after a nice holiday with you?
Probably spending too much time worrying about what the sneaky President will get up to next with his centrestand adverts! :rofl: :rofl:
Peter Morris

Weekly Quiz

Post by Peter Morris »

Golden Eagle, G50 CSR homologation special

Entered "1962 G50 CSR" ........... harsh! :rofl: :rofl:
quizmaster

Post by quizmaster »

Right lets be clear last week I marked all entries that arrived and any with G50 CSR were marked as correct. Its three hours after the results were published today and I have already had three complaints about entries that did not arrive not being marked as correct. My long previous entry on this forum thread (previous page) was apparently of no interest. I have just had four entries for exactly the same answer from the same person, thats 8 emails I have to check.

My solution is that I will continue to put up pictures to challenge members but I will simply delete all the emails with answers unread and the result each week will be "no one got the correct answer". You will know if you got it right and I won't have to spend my time on the emails that do get through. Win-win
"Hi-yo Silver and away"
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

quizmaster wrote:Right lets be clear last week I marked all entries that arrived and any with G50 CSR were marked as correct. Its three hours after the results were published today and I have already had three complaints about entries that did not arrive not being marked as correct. My long previous entry on this forum thread (previous page) was apparently of no interest. I have just had four entries for exactly the same answer from the same person, thats 8 emails I have to check.

My solution is that I will continue to put up pictures to challenge members but I will simply delete all the emails with answers unread and the result each week will be "no one got the correct answer". You will know if you got it right and I won't have to spend my time on the emails that do get through. Win-win
Sounds good to me.
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

quizmaster wrote:Right lets be clear last week I marked all entries that arrived and any with G50 CSR were marked as correct. Its three hours after the results were published today and I have already had three complaints about entries that did not arrive not being marked as correct. My long previous entry on this forum thread (previous page) was apparently of no interest. I have just had four entries for exactly the same answer from the same person, thats 8 emails I have to check.
Blimey Quizmaster, it has put the excitement over the bog roll and sanitiser shortage in the shade. ;)
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
alanengineer

Post by alanengineer »

Its a time consuming job the quizmaster does for us and its a bit of fun for all. lets keep it fun and let the quizmaster have the final decision-no questions asked. After all, if we 'piss him off' who else is going to do the job. Fun Fun and more fun
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Oppss if your answer to quiz ending Sunday March 22nd was 1936 AJS model 10 you are correct.
This engine picture may have been sourced by quiz master with an incorrect title. It is not a 1936 R10 engine.
An R10 engine would be found in a 1930 Wolverhampton AJS model R10. R is the year code letter for 1930.
1930 AJS R10 engine.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
quizmaster

Post by quizmaster »

Rob Harknett wrote:Oppss if your answer to quiz ending Sunday March 22nd was 1936 AJS model 10 you are correct.
This engine picture may have been sourced by quiz master with an incorrect title. It is not a 1936 R10 engine.
An R10 engine would be found in a 1930 Wolverhampton AJS model R10. R is the year code letter for 1930.
IMG_0263 crop.jpg
You might want to take this up with the Classic Motorcycle Mecca Invercargill NZ where the photo was taken Rob. On reflection you may notice subtle differences between your photo and the quiz one. Their email if you wish to mount the challenge is info@transportworld.nz
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Hi-yo Silver and away"
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Thought it was dodgy info Mr. Quizmaster. It also says in your picture, this Matchless bike with AJS badge..... Differences can be seen between 1930 R10 & 1936 model 10 camshaft timing chain covers. Note screw arrangement at the top of the top of the timing cover, bottom of cover differences even more noticeable. ( red arrow points )
The first picture I posted was of an R10 engine. That being a 1930 model. The bike picture below is an AJS 1936 model 10. also it is not a Matchless bike badged AJS.
1936 model 7 & 10 AJS.jpg
Last edited by Rob Harknett on Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
quizmaster

Post by quizmaster »

and of course it was not a 1936 model Racing (R) 10
"Hi-yo Silver and away"