Weekly quiz

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
quizmaster

Re: Weekly quiz

Post by quizmaster »

Right guys and gals time for both barrels.
Missing entries.
This has been going on for some years with moans on the forum and in personal pms to me. Eamonn has looked into it and can find no reason in the website for the failure to forward the entries. When it happens there are always plenty of entries that do get through. To try to overcome it the entries now get forwarded to my personal email and to a club email. There is never any difference between the two but it does mean i have to mark them twice just to make sure. A real pain when its an easier picture and I get maybe 50 emails at both addresses. Now in the past i have then scrolled through each email address to check if i have missed an entry when someone complains. Its time consuming and in view of how many clearly go missing i will no longer check or respond to these complaints. Also with entries going missing i will no longer publish the annual results. Its very time consuming to collate and with missing entries clearly not correct.
Continuation of the quiz.
Stop moaning. I have been putting up photos for 7 years and am running out of ideas. Send a few photos to quiz@jampot.com to help. These need to be a minimum of 1Mb in size. Dont send too many at once or you overload the email box.
Its no wonder we get called "whingeing poms".
"Hi-yo Silver and away"
Plugsnpoints
Deceased

Post by Plugsnpoints »

I think you've been doing a marvellous job personally. If I was giving my time doing a fiddly job like that with people moaning about it I'd be peed off.

It's just a bit of fun for me. I check if my answers are correct but don't worry if they're not on the list. Admittedly I can't make out most of the photos but I've not long had AMC bikes. I can do the easy ones though!

Keep up the good work :)
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

The quiz is just a bit of fun Clive, it should also be a bit of fun for you, just to keep it running. The forum Quiz topic should also be treated in the same manner. Just hard luck if your entry got lost some where. I did just wonder, as quite a few got lost this time. As there was a break, some results may had got into a previous weeks box??? I though this, as by looking at names of people who's results got lost, they may had been the first to send in an entry. In future, please do consider postings of missing results as hard luck stories, needing no action from you in trying to find them. I am sure I speak for everyone that that enjoys entering the quiz, regardless of if they are winners or not.
ajsph

Post by ajsph »

it was not to complain that I was writing, but to point out that there was a problem with the system. Keep up the good work with the quiz
Poul
PGGuse

Post by PGGuse »

Rob Harknett wrote:The quiz is just a bit of fun Clive
Is this the quizmaster's real name??

Paul
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

PGGuse wrote:

Paul
There's always a bit of uncertainty with Rob's posts, Pedro ;)
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
clive

Post by clive »

PGGuse wrote:

Paul
Nah i just happen to go away on holiday at the same time as the quizmaster and surprisingly often to exactly the same place. ;)
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

SPRIDDLER wrote:
PGGuse wrote:

Paul
There's always a bit of uncertainty with Rob's posts, Pedro ;)
I often get loads mail which can be interrupted with phone calls. This can lead to, forgetting what you are thinking about.
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

SPRIDDLER wrote:There's always a bit of uncertainty with Rob's posts, Pedro ;)
Rob Harknett wrote: I often get loads mail which can be interrupted with phone calls. This can lead to, forgetting what you are thinking about.
Just joshing, Rob. You're also doing a valuable job by filing so much info in the archives.
Sometimes I have to go upstairs and check reference books for basic details that I used to remember easily. I'm thinking of installing a Stannah Turbo Lift so that I can get up there before I forget what I'm looking for. :roll:
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
Duncan

Post by Duncan »

quizmaster wrote:Right guys and gals time for both barrels.
clive wrote:Nah i just happen to go away on holiday at the same time as the quizmaster and surprisingly often to exactly the same place. ;)
You would have thought the quiz master would have been a bit more chilled out after a nice holiday with you?