On a lighter note...

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Pharisee

On a lighter note...

Post by Pharisee »

Something my lady asked me the other day after a wine session with "the girls", and I thought I'd ask you lot the same question...

As we, generally, refer to our bikes as "she" or "her", have any of you noticed that if we keep a number of old bikes in a confined space, a garage for instance, for an extended period of time, that their oil leaks tend to become synchronised, and they drip in unison?
OK... just thought I'd ask. I'll get me coat...
I'm from the Fens.... Gimme six.
jackstringer

Re: On a lighter note...

Post by jackstringer »

Motorcycles are also akin to frogs and as found out in Jurassic Park (not Spriddlers garage) if you think you are clever in only buying female motorcycles. If you buy more than one of the same model it had been known for one to change gender and reproduce and you end up with another just appearing in the shed.

Well it's my excuse.

Post by 1608 »

I keep a Harem in my garage
Expat

Post by Expat »

Pharisee wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:03 pm Something my lady asked me the other day after a wine session with "the girls", and I thought I'd ask you lot the same question...

As we, generally, refer to our bikes as "she" or "her", have any of you noticed that if we keep a number of old bikes in a confined space, a garage for instance, for an extended period of time, that their oil leaks tend to become synchronised, and they drip in unison?
OK... just thought I'd ask. I'll get me coat...

🤣🤣🤣

Do they laugh a lot together?
Keep shiny side up.

These are my principles, if you don’t like them, I have others. (Groucho Marx)
poplargreg

Post by poplargreg »

If you have read the excellent book "The Third Policeman" by Flann O'Brien, you will remembers that the Irish village police morphed with their bicyles over time, The first sign being a desire to lean against a nearby wall when at rest. Could it could apply to motorcyclists, developing a proclivity to leak being an early indication?