Missing AFS Listing

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Triumph-Legend

Missing AFS Listing

Post by Triumph-Legend »

I need a bit of help regarding the location of the registration number and location listing for the Matchless AFS machines.

Prior to the register being taken over by the Matchless owners club, there was a listing on the AFS register web site of individual machines giving details of their registration and their location. This seems to have been removed from the site. Any help finding this missing list whould be appreciated.

I was hoping to find the current where abouts of 1954 machine reg, NYV 332. I have an old picture showing this machine along side of another similar bike, reg - NYV 312.

Note, the fire extinguishers in their mountings sitting upright by the head light/top yoke. Hmm, Strange, These are typically bolted onto the frame down tube with a crude clamp. Perhaps the chap in the picture had removed them from their original location or aquired them seperately and just wanted the picture to show that he had the parts.

I'm sure you will agree, the bikes look fine in the AFS green colour.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Andy.S

Re: Missing AFS Listing

Post by Andy.S »

Hi
I have a paper copy of all this info stashed away some where I will search it out and see what I can find out.
Triumph-Legend

Post by Triumph-Legend »

Andy, thanks for the offer of assistance. Much appreciated.
Triumph-Legend

Post by Triumph-Legend »

Ah well, Andy at Kettering did try to find the listing but the paper copy of the AFS site information has gone walkies and is apparently no longer available. But thanks to Andy for trying.

But this is where we come to an important reason for preserving the web site in its original format at the time of hand over to the stewardship of the club. At the time the site gave current detail of individual machines giving details of their registration and their general location. Is there a reason that this cannot be presented in its original format. I cannot think of a resaon for leaving out one of the best attributes of the AFS web site.
If there is no particular reason for the ommision, can the list be once more included on the AFS site?
g80csp11

Post by g80csp11 »

talk to Roy Bellett , he may be able to help
ksj_LAPSED

Post by ksj_LAPSED »

try malcolm weaver as well
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

You've probably seen it but if not NYV 332 is listed in this sale.
AFS NYV 332 Ruddingtons catalogue.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
Triumph-Legend

Post by Triumph-Legend »

Thanks for your thoughts on this. I have been in contact with both Roy Bellett, (chairman) and Eamonn Townsend (webmaster@jampot.com) to ask if they knew of the reason for the ommission of the listing.
It seems odd that the original web site has been altered upon being taken over by the owners club, possible a misguided decision relating to data protection. Given that the information regarding the registration number and general locations of machines was and still is provided by their owners I don't think data protection could possibly be an issue. Perhaps it was just a simple oversight that can be corrected. I do hope so, it makes the AFS site so much more complete.

Spriddler. Thanks.I have a copy of the Ruddingtons auction catalogue. The list of machines being sold is enough to get me drooling. To be honest this is why I believe it is importand to preserve a record of whereabouts of as many of the historic machines as possible. I think that I read that one machine ended up in America. They do tend to get about.

I've not been in touch with Malcolm for ages. I hope he is well, he was a great help, very knowledgable on AFS matters.
Malcolm if you read this. Send me a personal message, it will be good to hear from you.

Matchless NYV 312 is tucked up and living a pampered life at the Beaulieu, National Motor Museum as a part of their machines in service exhibition.