Spares scheme

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Shelby-Right

Spares scheme

Post by Shelby-Right »

Wouldn't it be better if none club members ( i:e the rest of the world ) could buy from the club parts service , wouldn't that help with the cost of tooling etc ? , and selling more parts be more beneficial to the club , open up the Forum like other forums ,instead of having a secret society , surely Matchless and Ajs were bikes for the common people . :?:
Duncan

Re: know AJS model

Post by Duncan »

Hi Vaughn, I believe that was the position when parts were easy to procure however as it has become more difficult to obtain some items it was considered better that members should have the opportunity to buy them as one of the membership benefits rather than be told " sorry we just sold the last one to a none member". There are good arguments for either position its just were we are at the moment.
Rob Harknett

Re: Spares scheme

Post by Rob Harknett »

Selling spares to members only was voted for by members at a club AGM. There were many reasons why this change was voted in for, Including what Duncan has stated.
Shelby-Right

Post by Shelby-Right »

Thanks for your replies , I had read in a post that the some of your subs were to help with tooling to make parts , most parts seem fairly available, around the world , but there are some parts that seem to be out of stock a lot , not sure why , I thought most of the world on lock downs due to covid-19 , so no production. I have collected most of my parts for 49 G80 , just need some time to finish it off . Cheers Vaughn
Peter Morris

Post by Peter Morris »

I agree with Rob.

It is extremely difficult to get anything made these days, and I was one of those that voted to sell only to members... mainly for the reason Duncan stated.

I don't see why the membership should suffer because non-members have bought all of a particular item, when there is such a struggle to replenish stock.
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

Just join, it's not that expensive and meets the cost of the elements other than spares. The membership cost is more than covered by the wealth of support and information available to members - it is a "Club", but not an exclusive one, the only barrier is a small fee, £1 a week or something like that?

You'd be very welcome.

Johnny B
g80csp11

Post by g80csp11 »

Actually 54p per week for Jampot mag delivered in UK or 46p per week digital membership
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

That's value in my book!

Johnny B