Brake blocks

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
laxy

Brake blocks

Post by laxy »

Can anyone recommend a supplier of brake bloke material for the front brake on my 1921 flat tanker . I've tried one suppliers website that is quoting me £58 for two blocks. That includes postage but not sure about vat. I was about to phone the company then saw that the material was for display purpose only and not for road use .
SPRIDDLER

Re: Brake blocks

Post by SPRIDDLER »

IIRC the VMCC (used to?) supply them and drivebelts, lamp calcium carbide blocks......
Last edited by SPRIDDLER on Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

The VMCC shop stocks various sizes of brake block material that you can use. Its probably the same material as advertised by the seller youve looked at who is being understandably cautious. If the front brake of my 1916 Model H is anything to go by, and Iunderstand that it's typical of the type, the brake is only good for wiping dust off the front rim anyway :D

Steve
laxy

Post by laxy »

Thanks for the info greybeard. I used to be a VMCC member but my membership lapsed. I thought their spares scheme was for members only. I will check. Incidentally it is for my 21 H lovely bikes to ride as long as you dont need to stop
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

Hi Keith was surprised not to see you at the Rally.
Roy
laxy

Post by laxy »

Hi Roy, sue and I had family staying over so had to give it a miss really. Looking forward to doing a couple of rallies next year though when things should hopefully be back to normal.