FEKED - What a bad service ! -Resolved-

Put your recommendations for services in this area. No negative or defammatory comments allowed. Only club members can make recommendations
JEAN-NOEL

FEKED - What a bad service ! -Resolved-

Post by JEAN-NOEL »

Hello Gents,
I ordered from FEKED some items, on June 11th, delivered on June, 17 th.
But, there was a mistake : ordered Doherty 507 P controls, to have 7/8 pivot (fulcrum ?).
I received P 207 instead of the 507 P oredered, and they weren't 7/8, but I think 1.1/16, or 1. 1/8.
Immediately I sent a mail to have the correct items shipped for free, and a refund money to send back the wrong one.
3 email sent, but no response...
Today I talk with an arrogant man who told me: we receive hundreds of emails every day, so it's no wonder you have not received an answer!
You have two solutions: send us the defective items, and we will send you the good ones, or put again an order, and we will refund money when we receive the defective ones !
So I am looking for 7/8 pivot controls, genuine Doherty from an other source to avoid to deal with them an other time !
Previously, I was delighted with the quality of their service : first class. What is now happening ?
Kind regards.
bob121

Re: FEKED - What a bad service !

Post by bob121 »

What does the club spares sell?
JEAN-NOEL

Post by JEAN-NOEL »

Hello Jason,
I am an old customer of the club ! (from 1994)
But I think they don't have the controls I am in need = 7/8 pivot for 7/8 handlebars, not combined with Mag/Air...
Cheers
bob121

Post by bob121 »

Maybe right. No description is given for the ones that they have. Sorry I couldn't help.
Mick D

Post by Mick D »

Hi

Steve at AMC Classic Spares was always very helpful during my restoration, why not give him a call?

Regards Mick
JEAN-NOEL

Post by JEAN-NOEL »

Thank you, Mick,
Yes, Steven Surbey was always helpfull.
Cheers.
JEAN-NOEL

Post by JEAN-NOEL »

Hello Gents,
finally problem solved today : the right items came from FEKED.
Thank you for your answers.
Kind regards.
BeenyBoy

Re: FEKED - What a bad service ! -Resolved-

Post by BeenyBoy »

I recently had some serious issues with this company- essentially bespoke parts ordered that did not fit- their stock reaction was "if it doesn't fit- send it back and we'll consider giving you a refund". No apology.... No suggestion that it was their fault...no suggestion of refunding postage- either for the original delivery or the cost of returned stuff... I eventually got a refund for the original cost but not for the return postage- this took around 5 weeks from the original order.

Basically..this company is NOT to be recommend... stick with the club spares scheme or Steve at AMC Classic Spares
uas526

Post by uas526 »

I've only ordered generic items from FEKED and over the last few years the service has been excellent. I paid a vist to their shop once and they were a friendly and helpful bunch. I would use them again for general items. For AMC spares it would be AMC Classics, Russel Motors (in person) or Jampot Spares, in that order.
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

uas526 wrote:For AMC spares it would be AMC Classics, Russel Motors (in person) or Jampot Spares, in that order.
I may as well not waste my time trying to improve the system then.