DVR2 Regulators & Dynamo Regulators Ltd

Put your recommendations for services in this area. No negative or defammatory comments allowed. Only club members can make recommendations
Group Leader

DVR2 Regulators & Dynamo Regulators Ltd

Post by Group Leader »

On my dynamo saga thread http://www.jampot.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 6&start=10 I mentioned the final little problem I had with the regulator's earth wire parting company with its bullet. I'd ordered a "Spriddler recommended" replacement regulator late last Friday before I had found the problem, thinking that damage had been done by the demise of the dynamo and before I realised the regulator on the bike was actually one of the very same. Anyway, the parcel turned up this very morning and the included instruction sheet explicitly confirmed the result to be expected with a missing earth!

So, I've two recommendations to make:

1) The DVR2 regulator appears to be a very tough old beast and when all the connections were restored so was it's operation and thus I would second Spriddler's initial recommendation.

2) The delivery service from Dynamo Regulators Limited was very quick.

Usual disclaimers etc; Just a satisfied customer (now with a spare regulator)!
1953 AJS 16MS, 1939 BSA 250 and a 1/3 scale Sopwith Triplane but that's another story ..... :lol:
MalcW

Re: DVR2 Regulators & Dynamo Regulators Ltd

Post by MalcW »

I second this recommendation. I've just fitted a DVR2 and I now have a battery that charges on this bike for the first time ever!

Malc
56G80S

Re: DVR2 Regulators & Dynamo Regulators Ltd

Post by 56G80S »

I've been using the same Al Osborn V-RegII for a long time and it seems to work fine.

I recall no end of problems with the electro-mechanical device and as a precaution having a car battery in the sidecar box when I used to ride up and down to London. Advent of LEDs is beneficial now.

Johnny B