In praise of Classic Insurance.

Put your recommendations for services in this area. No negative or defammatory comments allowed. Only club members can make recommendations
Pharisee

In praise of Classic Insurance.

Post by Pharisee »

I have my 5 "classic" bikes (3 AMC and 2 Meriden Triumphs) all insured on the same classic bike insurance policy. I've just purchased bike number 6, a 1995 Honda VFR750F to use as a winter 'hack'. Not exactly a "classic". However, I phoned the insurance company for a quote. The very nice guy at the other end said that as I already had 5 bikes insured with them, they would treat the VFR as classic and add it to my policy. It's cost me just £16 to add it for the months that remain, and it would add just £20 to the cost when the policy comes up for renewal.... Six bike insured fully comp for just £200 a year. I call that a result!!. I'd probably fall foul of the advertising police if I were to name the company, but suffice it to say that they advertise in the back of "Jampot"... which, incidentally, I haven't received yet this month. It usually arrived within the first couple of days of the new month.
I'm from the Fens.... Gimme six.
Rob Harknett

Re: In praise of Classic Insurance.

Post by Rob Harknett »

Perhaps the magazine people were having a break at the Autumn Rally.
clive

Post by clive »

Why not name them and I will move the whole thread into recommendations where it would not fall foul of any of the advertising rules (assuming you are not a major shareholder in the company!). As for the late arrival of the Jampot (mine arrived yesterday) I think I may have something to do with it rather than the Editor :oops:
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
Pharisee

Post by Pharisee »

Clive, I'm insured with RH Classic Insurance, and the Jampot dropped through my letterbox this morning. :)
John
I'm from the Fens.... Gimme six.
clive

Post by clive »

Duly moved to recommendations and so totally acceptable :D .
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix